We have built up a first class ICO team consisting of leading Nordic lawyers, and ICO experts within blockchain, smart contracts, KYC/AML, and PR & communications.
The Blockshipping C-level team
CEO & Founder
Peter has 39 years’ experience in the shipping industry possessing a unique combination of Shipping Industry background (Liner Shipping, Operations Management, Ports and Container Terminals), with CIO experience, and IT Program Management along with entrepreneurial experience from having founded and managed Bestshore Business Solutions UK Limited for several years.
- Extensive experience in E-Commerce, ecosystems and business dev opportunities in connecting Carriers ERP, Terminals TOS with landside operators
- 8 years combined experience as CIO for Maersk Line Europe Region, UASC, and Ports America
- 5 years’ combined experience with UASC initially in roles as Management Consultant, Interim CIO and later permanent Group CIO responsible for large strategic IT Projects and head of IT dept.
- 10 years’ experience in Head office IT Dept. at Maersk Line, Copenhagen and London in roles as Project Manager and Business Solution Mover responsible for full lifecycle of large enterprise IT projects. This includes 3 years’ experience in the role as CIO for Maersk Line Europe Region.
- Extensive IT projects and Program management experience for large Enterprise IT Projects.
- Managing Director of Terminal/Operations/Intermodal company (120 FTE) in Taiwan responsible for all operations of large North European Carrier including development of large Container Terminal in Kaohsiung.
- Strong trend forecasting ability with proven track record in developing business ideas and solutions which materialize 4-6 years later.
Jesper has more than 20 years of experience as a CTO and technical architect within the shipping, airline and energy sectors.
- Jesper has worked with Peter Ludvigsen in Bestshore Business Solutions since 2004 and has a wealth of senior executive experience as CIO, Enterprise Architect and senior project manager, across three continents – counting large container terminals, global shipping lines, international airports and telecommunications companies among the clients.
- Having graduated in 1994 with an MSc in Neural Networks, Jesper initially had roles as IT Systems Architect and hardcore developer. Since then, his passions have been IT management and assessments as well as architecting and integration of large complex systems.
- Jesper holds an MSC in neural networks from DTU, Technical University of Denmark, Copenhagen.
Franck J. Kayser
Captain Franck J. Kayser started his career as a cadet in A. P. Moller – Maersk A/S in 1982 and has served as Captain on different ships until permanently settling ashore in 1998.
Capt. Kayser has worked international shipping for more than 30 years for companies such as A. P. Moller – Maersk, CMA-CGM, TCC, UASC and NileDutch Africa Line.
- Captain Franck J. Kayser started his career as a cadet in Maersk A/S in 1982 and has served as Captain on different ships until permanently settling ashore in 1998.
- Capt. Kayser has worked international shipping for more than 30 years for companies such as Maersk, CMA-CGM, TCC, UASC and NileDutch Africa Line.
- Capt. Kayser has held a number of senior management positions in the fields of: Maritime Transport, Marine and Port operation, Infrastructure development.
- Technical Management, Ship Management, Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Capt. Kayser is a board member of various shipping related businesses.
- Capt. Kayser holds a Masters from Copenhagen Nautical Academy and has received additional education at INSEAD, IMD and Duke University.
Business Development Director
David has 40 years of IT experience (Senior Management level for the past 17 years), working for both IT Service Providers (such as IBM, and an IBM Business Partner) and at Senior Level of internal IT departments.
- Possessing a proven record of developing IT solutions, business processes, technical strategies, and skilled delivery teams.
- Experience of Leading Commercial Technical teams with responsibility for bottom line profitability, as well as being responsible for internal cost centres delivering proven business values.
- He has worked in the UK, South Africa, Belgium and most recently for a large Shipping Line in Dubai.
- Rasmus is currently working as a UX Designer for Widex A/S, where he is responsible for designing mobile apps that allow users to e.g. control their hearing aids.
- Rasmus has experience creating intuitive interfaces across both web and mobile that provide a meaningful and satisfying user experience for the users.
- Translating concepts into prototypes and interfaces that lead to user-friendly and useful products.
- Facilitating user tests to ensure that products are user-friendly, and meet the needs of the users.
- Former professional basketball player for more than 8 years.
- MSc in Interaction Design from Aarhus University, Denmark.
The Blockshipping board & advisors
30+ years in Shipping as CEO and Board Member, Currently MD of Humanostics and chairman of Unifeeder Board.
Among other executive positions:
- Personal Assistant to the Chairman and CEO, Mr Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller, Maersk Group
- Senior Vice President, Maersk Singapore
- Group Vice President, A.P. Moller Maersk A/S
- Chief Executive, Asia Pacific Region, Maersk Line
- Chief Commercial Officer, Hapag Lloyd AG
- Non-Executive Director, New York Shipping Exchange, Inc.
Bo Hembæk Svensson
Bo is a seasoned Software Business Executive with 30 years of experience from the IT industry. He has co-founded several businesses within software solution development and served as a member of IBM European Software Advisory Board 2001- 2012.
- Bo Hembæk Svensson is currently serving as Blockchain Business Development Manager at the leading Nordic payments group Nets A/S.
- He is experienced in concept development, software-and project designs and has been engaged in “Digital Workplace” and “Digital Transformation”.
- In recent years, Bo has been engaging in blockchain technology, and he is currently establishing a Blockchain Services Practice to drive development and usage of blockchain-based applications in the Nordics.
Bridget Cosgrave is the Founder and President of Every European Digital through which she is active as an advisor, entrepreneur and angel investor for companies with Internet of Things (IOT), E-Commerce and Telecommunications platforms and services. Since 2016, she is focused on the Internet of Ships.
- Ms Cosgrave acts as an Advisor to Visma consulting. She is a director and shareholder in Finnish Ukkoverkot OY, and in Every European Digital – an Internet of Things sensor and network company in Poland. Bridget is a seed investor in Blockshipping.
- Ms Cosgrave was the founder, CEO, and Chairman of BICS. She has previously advised the CEO of INTTRA, the global e-commerce platform for container shipping; the Chairman & CEO of KPN, in collaboration with McKinsey; Etisalat, in collaboration with Booz; and the CEO of Omantel of Oman.
- Ms Cosgrave has a BA Hons Queen’s University in Canada and an MBA from London Business School. and she is currently enrolled at the World Maritime University in Malmo, Sweden.
- Ms Cosgrave is based in Brussels
The Blockshipping ICO service providers
Legal - Kammeradvokaten
LEGAL – KAMMERADVOKATEN/POUL SCHMITH
Kammeradvokaten/Poul Schmith is one of Denmark’s largest and leading full-service law firms. The firm has been the preferred legal adviser to the Danish government for more than 80 years.
Tanja Lind Melskens
Attorney, LL.M, Senior Manager.
Tanja leads Kammeradvokaten/Poul Schmith’s Fintech department, which assists clients operating in the area between the financial sector and the IT sector. The department advices Fintech start-up and large financial companies in areas such as crowdlending, equity crowdfunding, digital payment solutions, cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoins and blockchain technology.
- Tanja advises companies on corporate law, finance law and financial regulation, including the interpretation and application of payment regulation, anti-money laundering regulation, securities regulation and the data protection regulation.
- LL.M., Banking, Corporate and Finance Law, Fordham University, School of Law. Master of Law, University of Copenhagen.
Henrik advises banks, pension funds and other financial institutions in all kinds of financing transactions.
- Henrik also advises financial institutions and fintechs on financial regulatory matters, including regulatory capital, corporate governance of financial institutions, payment services and anti-money laundering regulation.
- Henrik has published in Danish and English on a variety of banking and finance related legal topics, including a text-book on corporate finance law, which is mandatory reading in corporate finance courses at the leading universities across Denmark.
- LL.M., Banking Law and Financial Regulation, London School of Economics and Political Science. Master of Law, University of Copenhagen.
Michael Juul Rugaard
Partner & Co-founder of Norfico
- Fifteen years’ experience as a strategic communications adviser for brands and public organisations such as IBM, Lenovo, Maersk Line, Nets, Teller, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, The Danish Ministry of Education, The Danish Ministry of the Environment, The Transportation Council, The Danish Technological Institute.
- Press Manager and press spokesperson for Nets A/S and Teller A/S from 2010-2015.
- Long standing experience as an editor and author of books, magazines, white papers, and reports (Click here for recent publications).
- Master’s degree from the Department of Scandinavian Studies and Linguistics, University of Copenhagen.
Kristian Thure Sørensen
Partner & Co-founder of Norfico
Kristian’s work within financial services has made him an acknowledged fintech thought leader and a frequent speaker at conferences worldwide.
- He is ranked on Fintech.Finance’s “Silver Power List”, Rise Global’s “100 most influential people in fintech”; Planet Compliance’s” Top 50 Regtech Influencers”; Instech London’s “Insurtech Power 100” and was shortlisted by PayExpo for the 2016“Payments Power 10”.
- Kristian has 15+ years of experience with digital financial services and serves as strategic advisor to leading banks and financial technology providers.
- Master’s degree in Communication and Psychology.
Thomas Berg von Linde
Senior Technical Advisor
Thomas Berg von Linde has a deep understanding of and genuine practical experience with blockchain technology and design of smart contracts.
- He is an experienced application & integration architect with very strong skills in hands-on system development. He has many years of experience with business logic on large distributed systems focusing on integration.
- Thomas has worked intensively with insurance systems and financial companies from 2008 to 2017, and he has gained strong understanding and knowledge of financial transactions and integrations. He has been responsible for large solutions in companies like DNB (Norway), Accenture, Nordea, Codan (RSA Scandinavia), TIA Technology, and Nokia Siemens Network.
- MSc, Information Technology, IT University of Copenhagen. BSc, Computer Science, Technical University of Denmark.
Blockchain and Crypto Advisor
Ian is a serial entrepreneur, investor and consultant with business experience from around the world.
- As a leading entrepreneur, Ian is on a personal mission to develop a culture of entrepreneurship, helping startups achieve their full potential as well as helping to expand existing companies.
- A leading expert in Bitcoin, Blockchain and Crypto industries, Ian is at the very heart of revolutionizing the financing industry across the globe and currently consults and advises for a range of multi-million dollar companies.
Blockchain and Crypto Advisor
Simon Cocking is Senior Editor at Irish Tech News, Editor in Chief at CryptoCoinNews, and freelances for Sunday Business Post, Irish Times, Southern Star, IBM, G+D, and other publications.
- He is a top ranked member of the ‘People of Blockchain’ (most recently ranked at 2/1000).
- He also been named on 10 global Twitter influencer lists in the last 12 months.
- He is an accomplished public speaker at events including TEDx, Web Summit, Dublin Tech Summit, and overseas in Dubai, Singapore, Moscow, Tel Aviv, Madrid, Tbilisi, Riga, Porto, Dublin and Helsinki in the last 12 months.
- He has been based in Ireland for over 22 years and has co-founded or founded six successful companies.
Chainalysis – funding AML
Coinify – Cryptocurrency brokerage
Coinify ApS is an established global virtual currency platform actively offering solutions in Europe, Asia and other regions. Coinify’s services include: individual currency trading, corporate brokerage, payment processing services, and Enterprise solutions via Coinify API.
The Coinify team consists of strong backgrounds in payments, finance, risk, e-commerce, and compliance areas and experience in working with digital currencies since 2010. The company was incorporated in 2014 and is backed by Nordic Eye Venture Capital, SEED Capital Denmark, SEB Venture Capital and Accelerace. Recent industry awards and recognitions include: Best Practices Award for ‘Global Blockchain Financial Service Provider 2017’ by Frost & Sullivan; ‘Emerging Star – Fintech 100’ by KPMG & H2 Ventures; ‘Top 100 FinTech Europe’ 2017 & 2016; Nordic Startup Award for ‘Best Fintech Startup Denmark 2017’; and ‘#22 in Top 50’ Financial IT Pathfinder Ranking.
AmaZix – Community Management
The world’s leading community management and engagement firm.
AmaZix is a group of professional crypto ICO consultants who have technical expertise, are excellent at support and are led by an elite team of managers.
AmaZix has managed some of the largest ICOs in history including Bancor, BANKEX and Hdac.